The 50 Top-Rated Electric, Invisible Fences and Containment Systems for Your Dog
If you’re in the market for a simple solution to your canine escape artist, your strangely shaped property, or your other backyard woes, you’re probably in the market for a wireless dog fence.
And that means, you probably feel like you’re drowning amidst the online deluge of invisible fences, wireless fences, electric dog fences, in-ground fences and other similar solutions. There are hundreds, if not thousands of options available, which leads you down a frustrating path: What are the most important features? What’s the difference between all these fences? And which is the best wireless dog fence for you?
Give us a couple of paragraphs, and we’ll start breaking down 50 of the best wireless dog fence systems out there. But first, a few notes: There’s one big difference between a totally wireless dog fence, which uses no wires at all, and a hybrid system, which uses wire combined with wireless receivers. A 100% wire-free fence uses a transmitter to define boundaries, and those boundaries always expand in a circle around the transmitter; you cannot define specific limits or change the shape of your boundary. A hybrid system, on the other hand, buries wire for a completely customizable shape.
Additionally, you should know that invisible fences work best for properties set back at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal slope and landscaping. Furthermore, wireless fences will not work around metal, including aluminum siding, metal roofing, and other interference.
And now, without further ado, 50 of the best wireless, electric dog fence systems available today:
If you’re looking for a simple and flexible wireless dog fence system, you’ll appreciate this affordable offering from Friendly Pet Products. It’s easy to set up, with an in-ground transmitter cord and boundary wire – no transmitter holes! – that allows you to build a fence that adheres to your yard’s exact shape.
- Easy-to-install radio-wave fence
- Included cable covers 1/3 of an acre; system expandable up to 5 acres
- Waterproof collar with 5 correction levels
When is a wireless dog fence more than your average wireless dog fence? When it’s portable! This instant, completely wireless fence is so easy to install, you can bring it with you to the park, to your in-laws, and anywhere else you need to contain your pup. And, with a warning tone followed by a stimulus, it’s easy for dogs to intuit their boundaries, no matter where you are.
- Very easy coding between transmitter and receiver
- 100 levels of intensity
- Set your own range (minimum: 20 meters; maximum: 500 meters), as your needs and environment dictate
PetSafe offers a super simple approach to the wireless, electric and completely invisible dog fence systems: Instead of buried wires or transmitters, you simply plug in the transmitter, slip the collar onto your dog, and set her free to play. When you pup approaches the transmitter boundary, she’ll receive a beep and then a startling (but not painful) static correction. A bit of training, and your furry friend will know her boundaries – no beep required.
- Wireless, circular boundary extends from 5 to 90 feet, in all directions
- Easy set up takes under 2 hours
- Waterproof receiver collar has 5 levels of static correction, plus a training mode (alarm only)
For more training collars, see our list of The Best Dog Training Collars.
Sleek and easy-to-install, this top-of-the-line wireless dog fence establishes a circular perimeter for your dogs to run and play. It’s as simple as placing your transmitter, adjusting the wireless signal, and training your pet to his boundaries. An alarm and static corrections will remind your pup of where he can roam. The waterproof receiver collar charges in just 2-3 hours, and lasts up to 3 weeks, depending on use.
- Covers a diameter up to ¾ acre (210 feet)
- Easy setup takes just 1-2 hours
- Extremely portable, so you can take this fencing system on the road
Is your dog a bit on the stubborn side? (Or perhaps a lot on the stubborn side?) We’ve all been there. Enter this PetSafe option, one of the best wireless dog fence systems for hard-to-train pups. You can adjust intensity to the highest level on the market – there are four adjustable, static correction levels – as well as vibration-only mode, making this an excellent option for hearing-impaired dogs, as well.
- Expandable system, covers up to 10 acres
- Compatible with dogs 15+ pounds
- System may be expanded for multiple dogs
Want a fast, easy-to-install wireless dog fence? Welcome to Sit Boo-Boo, a system that combines a transmitter, cord, and wireless dog collars to establish safe boundaries for your furry friends. Yes, friends – the system comes standard with two collars. What’s more, this system is easily portable, for use anywhere you take your pups.
- Collars have 5 levels of correction, from vibration to static correction
- Easily expandable, for greater coverage zone: just add additional cord, to extend up to 5 acres
- 12-month, 100% money-back guarantee
This simple-to-install invisible pet fence uses radio communication to establish accurate boundaries for your dogs. You’ll love that the system is 100% wireless, so leave the shovel in the shed; simply install the transmitter and set your boundary – from 40 to 500 feet radius, and adjustable levels from 1-100. The rechargeable collar is water-resistant and rain-proof, and batter life lasts 1-3 days.
- 1- or 2-dog systems, may be expanded via extra receiver collars
- Appropriate for dogs 8+ pounds, with neck size 6-26 inches
- System is ideal for properties situated at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal landscaping and slope
This instant-install system from PetSafe is both safe and portable, offering an immediate, invisible dog fence wherever you travel. It’s as simple as plugging in the radio transmitter – no poles or wires to bury. Outfit your pup with the waterproof receiver collar, then train her 10-15 minutes a day, for up to 3 weeks, and she’ll learn her limits quickly and easily.
- Creates an instant boundary of 180-feet in diameter (1/2 acre)
- Completely wireless and portable
- Containment system is ideally suited to flat yards
Do you have a furry escape artist on your hands? This offering from GoodBoy Electric is designed with canine Houdinis in mind, instantly transforming your yard into a contained boundary. Outfit your dogs with the waterproof, heavy-duty collars – safe from interference, lightening, and other potential problems – and your dog will receive alarm warning and painless static correction.
- Suitable for small to large dogs; not suitable for toy breeds
- Extendable range for an area from 0.55 acres to 5 acres
- Easy installation via the quick-start guide
If you’re looking to keep animals OUT, not IN, PetSafe’s Pawz Away comes to the rescue. Disguised as a rock, this nifty gadget warns pets away from special landscaping, dangerous plants, and even areas where they shouldn’t walk. It’s as simple as can be, functioning similarly to other wireless dog fences: the system sends a warning single when your pet wanders too close to the barrier area.
- Keep your pets away from pools, fountains, children’s play areas, trash cans, and other off-limits areas
- Each barrier protects up to an 8-foot radius; custom barriers may be shaped from up to 150 feet of boundary wire (sold separately)
- Suitable for pets 5+ pounds, with neck sizes 6-28 inches
Cost: $82 (additional barriers, $47)
If you’re after a simple, affordable wireless dog fence, give Petpopo a try: reliable and easy to install, this invisible fence combines a wireless receiver and rechargeable collars to create a safe containment zone for your four-pawed family members. If they venture too close, they’ll hear a warning sign; a humane static correction is then issued, if necessary.
- Completely wireless: just connect the transmitter and collar your pups
- Creates a circular boundary around the transmitter
- 2 waterproof, rechargeable collars included, with up to 100 levels of adjustable correction
Are you dogs constantly wandering into rooms and areas of your home that they shouldn’t? Enter this wireless, indoor dog fence: it’s designed to warn pets away from certain spots, rather than keep them contained within a certain area. It works like any other wireless dog fence: collar your pup, set up your transmitter, and then train your dog to stay away from the off-limits area.
- Keep pets off counters and furniture, away from trash cans and dangerous areas, and other off-limit indoor areas
- Indoor transmitter sends out a stay-away signal up to 12 feet in diameter; adjust your signal range (2-12 feet diameter) per your requirements
- Suitable for small to large dogs, with an adjustable collar for 6 to 17-inch necks
Looking for a safe, effective and compact wireless dog fence? Forget the shovel and dirty hands: this FunAce system is not only tiny, but also wire-free. Simply plug in the transmitter, then set your radius (40-300 feet) and correction level (1-100). Train your dog, and you’re well on your way to worry-free outdoor play.
- Covers an area up to 600 feet in diameter
- Rechargeable and water-resistant collar has 3 adjustable levels, and fits necks 4-25 inches (8+ pounds)
- Anti-overshock feature keeps the system safe for confused dogs, or in the event of a power outage
Cost: $120-$180 (1- to 3-dog system)
This portable, easy-to-install wireless invisible dog fence is designed for simple installation and portability – use at home or while on vacation. After the initial training period, your pup will respond to the warning tone or static – there are 15 levels to choose from – and know where she can and cannot roam.
- Easy installation: Install indoors, no wires necessary
- Collar correction includes the standard vibration and static correction, as well as tone and an owner voice-to-collar option
Leave buried wires in the past, with one of the best wireless dog fence systems on the market. New features, including a tighter trigger zone (3-6 feet), builds on an already strong set of offerings, including a circular boundary of 40-400 feet. Program your preferred correction levels, train your pup, and watch the magic happen.
- Set up your system in under an hour
- Larger coverage area than most invisible fences – up to 11 acres
- Ideally suited for properties located at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal sloping and landscaping
Cost: $359 (Small Dog) or $566 (Medium-to-Large Dog)
The name says it [almost] all: PetSafe’s Free to Roam wireless dog fence is dedicated to giving your furry friends some outdoor freedom. The circular coverage area extends up to ½ acre, and may be adjusted from 5 to 90 feet in radius. Best of all, there are absolute no wires to bury or holes to dig: just plug in the transmitter and you’re ready to go. The system’s even portable, so you can take it on vacation.
- Setup takes just 1-2 hours
- Waterproof, comfortable collars are suitable for pets of 5+ pounds, and includes 5 levels of static correction
- S.-based customer service
This state-of-the-art wireless fence is all about your pet’s safety and your convenience, creating an invisible barrier for your pet to play and roam. Simply place the fence cord around your selected area, install the wireless transmitter, and collar your pup (there are • 5 humane and safe levels of correction), and you’re ready to roll. Spend a few weeks training your pup, and you’ll never again worry that she’s wandered into the kids’ sandbox or over to a dangerous area of the yard.
- Semi-corded system (with wireless transmission) allows you to create a custom containment area of any shape
- Powerful 25-acre transmitter signal
- Lifetime Guarantee: 100% product refund, anytime, if you’re unhappy
Designed for more than just escape artists, the ElitePet system helps curb a variety of frustrating behaviors, from barking and jumping, to – of course! – containment within a predefined area. There are three ways to train your pups, as well as seven levels of collar intensity and automatic anti-bark feature.
- Rechargeable, waterproof collar is designed to fit necks 7-27”, and works from up to 800 yards away
- 3 Training Modes: Shock/Vibration/Sound
- Lifetime Warranty
If your dog craves freedom to run while you wish for peace of mind, you’ll love this containment system from Extreme Dog. Like other systems, this fence combines wire with wireless technology: bury the heavy-duty wire, install the transmitter, and control you pets via the waterproof, wireless collars. The result is a stronger signal that all-wireless dog fences, which translates to increased safety, especially with stubborn runners.
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Expandable up to unlimited number of dogs,
- Up to 10 acres of coverage
Cost: $300 (1-Dog System @500FT) to $830 (5-Dog System @1,500FT)
Welcome to wire-free, flag-free, stress-free installation: the Everteco wireless dog fence system is as easy as it gets. Simply plug in the transmitter, train your dog, and then let her roam freely – up to 500 meters in coverage radius. What’s more, the collar holds charge up to seven days, and one transmitter can communicate with unlimited receiver collars – in other words, your whole canine family.
- Completely wireless installation
- Waterproof and rechargeable collar fits necks 8-21 inches (small to extra-large dogs)
- 100 adjustable correction levels
This hybrid pet fencing system combines wireless receiver collars with a simple-to-bury wire: either fix it to an existing fence, or bury it just ¼” underground. Then, connect to power, collar your pup, and train him to his new boundaries. Bottom line: If you’re looking for an affordable dog fence and are willing to put in just a bit of work, give this system a look.
- Coverage up to 1.2 acres
- Bury your wire (just 1/4” underground) to the exact boundaries of your desired area
- Audible and visual wire-break indicators sound an alarm and flash light, should your wire ever break
If you have a huge coverage area – we’re talking more than a few acres – you may have given up on your search for a wireless, invisible dog fence. Take heart, though; the Max Tronic MT-WL1 covers up to 190 acres (you read that right!), and yet takes just a minute to install. Collar your pups (as many as you have; the system has unlimited expansion), train them, and then let them roam free.
- Easy setup takes just a minute, with no wires to bury or trenches to dig
- Adjust the boundary from 3-1,500 feet in radius, for an adjustable circular area up to 190 acres
- Unlimited expansion, for as many dogs as you have in your family
A transmitter and receiver collars are all that comprise this 100% wireless system. Simply set your radius – from 20 to 500 meters in all directions – program your correction level, and place training flags, if necessary, around your boundary area. Your dog needs just a few weeks to learn her new permitted area, and then she’s ready to run free.
- 100% wireless, radio frequency-controlled
- Waterproof collar fits necks 14-26 inches, and offers 100 levels of correction
- Ideal for properties located at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal landscaping and minimal slope
This wire-free dog fence from Motorola is designed for both home use and portability. Just plug in the wireless transmitter, and you’ll create a circular boundary to prevent your four-pawed family member from wandering outside his safe zone. The backlit LCD screen is easy to see, and the 15-level correction collar is designed to meet the needs of your dog’s personality, be it compliant or willful.
- Easy indoor or outdoor installation, with no wires to bury
- 2 training modes, with 15 levels of humane, static correction (very gentle to firm)
- Expandable up to 2 dogs
Designed for small to large dogs, this underground, wireless dog fence is both affordable and safe for your pup. The boundary wire gives you ultimate flexibility – delineate exactly what space is safe for your pet (up to 5,000 square-feet) – and then train him to respect the fence’s limits. The waterproof collar is safe, and uses varying levels of correction, including tone-only, to warn your dog to his boundaries.
- Hybrid system pairs an underground wire with wireless receivers
- Boundary wire stretches 300 yards, for coverage up to 5,000 square feet
- Waterproof collar uses tone-only and humane, static correction
This wireless, invisible dog fence uses a transmitter, receiver collar, and central controller to establish a space for your dog to roam. Adjust the transmitter to keep your pets inside – for example, not to run outside when the door’s open – or to keep the confined to a set space in your yard.
- Suitable for dogs weighing 2-70kg (4.4-154 lbs.)
- Adjust signal range, for smaller or larger coverage area
- Receiver may be set to tone or electronic correction
While many options on this list are designed for dogs only, the Guardian Deluxe wireless fence is rated for dogs, cats and other pets over 8 lbs. The waterproof receiver includes three adjustable correction levels, as well as a tone-only level for easy training.
- Easy installation
- Waterproof receiver collar has 3 adjustable correction levels, plus a tone-only mode for training
- 1-year warranty
If you’re looking for a well rated, affordable wireless dog fence, it doesn’t get much better than this system from Bark Solution. The hybrid system pairs a transmitter, long cord, and wireless dog collars to establish boundaries (up to 5 acres) and off-limits areas for your four-legged friends. Even better, the system is portable – lightweight and compact, so you can carry it with you, anywhere your pups go.
- Portable, lightweight system travels easily
- Hybrid system utilizes an in-ground cord to define a custom boundary
- Choose from 5 levels of correction
This 100% wireless dog fence system uses connected transceivers to constantly monitor your dog’s location, at all times. The result is an easy-to-install system that keeps her within safe boundaries, while reporting critical safety information back to you and the Smart Station base.
- Easy to install
- State-of-the-art wireless collar transceiver constantly communicates with the Smart Station base
- Not compatible with yards that have metal roofs, outbuildings, or other metal components
If you’re in the market for one of the most affordable, reliable and best wireless dog fence systems on the market, give the Petpopo a second look. With an adjustable range up to 1.25 acres, adjustable corrections, and a waterproof, rechargeable collar receiver, this fencing system has all the standard equipment at a cost-efficient price.
- Hybrid system blends an easily buried wire with wireless receiver collars
- Coverage area up to 1.25 acres (5,000 square meters)
- Progressive warning tone and static corrections keep your pet confined to established boundaries
Designed for medium and large dogs, this hybrid fencing system uses a buried wire – define your own boundaries, instead of being confined to a set circular area – to transmit a harmless radio signal to wireless receiver collars. Simply bury, install, and train your pup, and every time he tests his limits, he’ll receive a warning beep, followed by a static correction.
- Coverage up to 0.6 acres (2,500 square-meters)
- Customizable system establishes ten system layouts, to define a specific area for your dog
- Expandable for multiple dogs; simply add as many collars as required
Cost: $90 (1-Dog) or $110 (2-Dog System)
If you have a runner, you know the anxiety of watching your pet escape out an open door and into the great outdoors. Check that anxiety with the Ruff invisible dog fence – a hybrid system that uses both underground wire, wireless receivers, and a control box. Establish a custom perimeter and activate the adjustable collars, to create a safe outdoor area for your dogs to roam.
- Adjustable collars may be adjusted for width, contact point depth, dog hair type, and other factors
- Adjustable boundary may be customized to your exact specifications
- Expandable for multiple dogs
Another hybrid system, this invisible fence utilizes both wire – so you can build a custom containment area – and wireless technologies to create a flexible, easy-to-install backyard haven for your dog. And here’s the best part: If you don’t feel like digging, no problem; the wire can be laid above-ground or even mounted to an existing fence.
- Designed for small to extra-large dogs, with neck sizes from 8 to 27 inches (weight: 11-154 pounds)
- Expandable coverage area up to 10 acres
- Easily adaptable for multiple dogs; you can even train several dogs at once
Cost: $185-$275 (1-3 dogs)
With the JK TECH invisible dog fence, you simply bury (or mount) a wire – exactly how, where, and shaped as you like – and then plug in the transmitter. Collar your dog, train her, and she’ll soon know where her outdoor boundaries lie. And if you’re wary of wires, don’t be: Should the wire ever break, an alarm will sound lights will flash.
- Customizable range up to 1.25 acres
- Precision-control of the signal field, with included speed recognition (e.g. if your dog run towards the boundary, faster correction is issued)
- Built-in protection from lightening, power surges, and other problems
Cost: $69-$108 (1 to 3 dogs)
Say goodbye to wires with this 100% wireless dog fence, which creates a boundary circle of 3 to 800 feet in all directions. Like similar systems, the installation process is as simple as plugging in your transmitter, collaring your pup, and training him to his safe zone limits.
- Adjustable range from 3 to 800 feet in all directions (total diameter of 6 to 1,600 feet)
- Unlimited expansion for additional pets
- Correction begins with beeping and progresses to static signals
If you’re looking for easy installation, precise adjustments, and flexibility, look no further: the Dog Zone hybrid system blends the flexible boundaries of a wired system, with the freedom of wireless receivers. The result is an invisible fence that keeps your pets inside the safe zone – even if that safe zone zig-zags around a pool, kid’s play area, and backyard hazards.
- Hybrid system blends a buried wire with wireless receivers
- Adjustable up to 1.25 acres, for dogs from 30-120 pounds
- 100% money-back guarantee (first 12 months)
If you’re willing to put in a bit of work for a great system, the M-Tronic DT-60 may be the right fit. You’ll have to shallow-bury a heavy-duty wire, but once that’s done you’ll enjoy a completely customized invisible fence, no matter the shape of your backyard. After a few weeks of training, your dogs will respect their boundaries. (And they’ll love their new free-to-roam yard space.)
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver collar
- Audible and visual wire-break indicators, in the event of a problem with your buried wire
- Expandable for unlimited dogs; just add additional collars
Another top-rated hybrid system, the SportDOG invisible fence blends buried wire with wireless receiver collars, to build a highly expandable, highly customizable containment system. You’ll need to bury your wire, but the trade-off is flexibility: you can create a custom-shaped fence up to 100 acres in area. You’ll also appreciate the built-in lightening protection, wire-break alarm, and anti-linger feature.
- Included coverage area up to 1.33 acres; expandable up to 100 acres
- Four levels of correction, plus a vibration-only training level
- Expandable for multiple dogs (10+ pounds); just add additional collars
If you’re a fan of simple, you’ll love the Sacheal wireless dog fence: simply plug in the transmitter, collar your pup, train him, and you’re ready to roll. Setup takes less than a minute, and correction levels vary from 1 to 100, making it easy to train your dog to the system. The IP67 water-resistant, dustproof and rechargeable collar receiver has is suited to dogs 20-120 lbs., and can withstand sunny, slightly rainy, sandy or even dusty days.
- Wireless safety zone from 20 to 500 meters in radius (40 to 1,000 meters in diameter); total adjustable area up to 190 acres
- Absolutely no wiring or flags
- Suitable for dogs from 20-120 pounds, with 100 levels of adjustment to suit any breed or dog personality
If you’re looking for a completely wireless system, for a not-too-big yard, you won’t go wrong with PetSafe’s Stay & Play wireless dog fence. Adjustable for a circular area of up to ¾ acres, this rechargeable system takes as little as an hour to install and just a few weeks for your pup to adjust to his new safe zone.
- Absolutely no wires to bury; just plug in the lightweight and portable wireless transmitter
- Offers 5 levels of static correction, plus a tone-only mode for training
- Suitable for dogs 5+ pounds, with neck sizes from 6-23 inches
Cost: $300 (1-dog system)
This hybrid system combines wireless receivers with buried wire, to build a containment system that is both powerful and completely flexible: define your safe zone as you want it, and not as the standard circle. The included universal remote allows you to correct for barking, aggression, and other behavior issues, beyond simply confining your pet to a set area.
- Designed for small through extra-large dogs, from 11 to 154 pounds and with necks from 8 to 27 inches
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver collar offers humane, multi-level static correction
- Expandable system (up to 10 acres) adapts to multi-pet households; you can even train up to 3 dogs at once
Is there a bitty fur-baby in your life? Check out the PetSafe Elite Little Dog invisible fence, especially sized for petit pets starting at 5 pounds. The hybrid system combines an underground wire with wireless transmitters, to create a safe area up to 25 acres (included wire covers 1/3 acre).
- Designed for small dogs, starting at just 5 lbs.; fits pets with necks from 6 to 16 inches
- 4 levels of humane, static correction, plus an additional tone-only training level
- Wired boundary means you can create a custom yard shape, to exclude danger areas
This secure and safe hybrid system uses a flexible buried wire and wireless receiver collars, to create a customized system built for your yard, your dog, and your family. The system is designed for easy training and even easier correction, sending more frequent stimuli as your pet approaches her outdoor limit. You’ll appreciate the rechargeable, back-up battery that keeps your invisible fence up and running, even in the event of a power outage.
- Progressive audio, then humane static stimulus for quicker, easier training and correction
- Correction comes in quick bursts, increase in speed as your dog moves closer to the boundary
- Works with the optional Radio Mat pet deterrent transmitter pad
What do you get when you add one wireless transmitter, one buried wire, and a wireless receiver collar? This FunAce hybrid dog fence, which makes it easy to build a custom fence shape without much effort (just a bit of shallow digging or wire-mounting). Average training takes about three weeks, after which time your pet can enjoy roaming and you can enjoy peace of mind.
- Suitable for small to extra-large dogs, from 8+ pounds and with necks from 8 to 20 inches
- Waterproof and rechargeable collar stays charged for 3-7 days, depending on usage
- Customizable coverage area up to 1.25 acres
If you’re looking for an economical option, the buck stops here. This flexible system covers a generous 1.25 acres, is expandable for as many pups as you have, and incorporates underground wire to build a totally customized containment area. The result is a highly adaptable, very affordable system that keeps your pet safe and you happy.
- Speed-detect, anti-run technology delivers faster, higher-intensity correction, the faster your dog is moving
- Variable field width control makes it easy to control your signal field, for progressive correction as your pet reaches the boundary
- Audible and visual wire-break alarm
If you’re looking for a wireless dog fence, but need to adjust your boundary, you may think you’re out of luck. Not so. With the AsyPets wireless, invisible dog fence, you can create an adjustable containment boundary; you can even set the shape, unlike most wireless systems. The system employs multiple correction levels, which increase in stimulus as your dog approaches the outer limit.
- Easy setup and ultimate flexibility
- Water-resistant, rechargeable collar for dogs 8+ pounds
- Limitlessly expandable; add as many collars as you’d like, for your whole canine family
- 1-year limited warranty + lifetime service
Forget the fence! If you need to “fence-in” a very specific, oddly shaped area, you’ll appreciate this hybrid wired-and-wireless dog fence from DOGTEK. You bury the wire exactly where you define your pet’s boundaries, and then let the system do the rest. Well, except for the training. That’s your responsibility, but it’ll only take a few weeks!
- State-of-the-art transmitter with two adjustable zones
- Waterproof collar has 8 levels of humane, static correction
- Two pairs of contact points: short and long
There are few things more frustrating than trying to train a strong-willed dog, but this no-wire fence system can definitely make the job easier. The adjustable collar is specially designed with hard-to-train dogs, incorporating tone and vibration warnings to aid in training and use. The adjustable, waterproof collar fits pets with neck sizes 6-28 inches, and offers 5 correction levels.
- Covers up to 10 acres (additional wire sold separately)
- Expandable for multiple pets
- Train hearing-impaired dogs, thanks to the vibration setting
For pet-parents willing to get a little sweaty, this hybrid system from FunAce offers big coverage (up to 100 acres!), unlimited expansion for multi-dog families (just add collars), and plenty of shape-flexibility. Sure, you’ll have to shallow-dig to bury your wire, but after that, the transmitter and wireless receivers do all the heavy lifting. Simply train your pups, and they’re ready to run free!
- Standard for 1 1/3 acres; expandable up to 100 acres
- Water-resistant, rechargeable receiver collars use 9-volt batteries that last 6-12 months
- Built-in protection from power surges, lightening, and other safety hazards
Cost: $90-$200 (1 or 2-dog system)
We finish out our list with a final hybrid system, which again blends a buried wire with wireless receivers and a transmitter. You’ll appreciate the flexibility and affordability, while your pups will simply love running freely through up to 5 acres of your property. And yes, we said pups; simply add additional collars to instantly expand on your invisible fence system.
- Covers 1/3 of an acre; expandable up to 5 acres
- Comfortable receiver collar has 4 correction levels, plus a tone-only mode for training
- S.-based customer care