If you’re in the market for a simple solution to your canine escape artist, your strangely shaped property, or your other backyard woes, you’re probably in the market for a wireless dog fence. And that means, you probably feel like you’re drowning amidst the online deluge of invisible fences, wireless fences, electric dog fences, in-ground fences and other similar solutions. There are hundreds, if not thousands of options available, which leads you down a frustrating path: What are the most important features? What’s the difference between all these fences? And which is the best wireless dog fence for you?
We reviewed dozens of wireless dog fences to identify the best of the best. We looked at perimeter fences that create an area of effect and fences that require a wire be buried, as well as those that will push a dog out of an area.
To keep your dog securely contained, look no further than the Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System.
In our research, the Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System stood out as a clear winner. With its waterproof, wireless dog collars and combined wired and wireless technology, this dog fence is one you can trust to keep your pups contained.
In This Article
- The 5 Top-Rated Wireless Dog Fences for 2018
- Our Top Pick: Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System
- Our Runner-Up Pick: SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence
- Best Budget Pick: PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire
- Best Perimeter Fence Pick: PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
- Best Hybrid Dog Fence Pick: Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System
- Who Should Buy a Wireless Dog Fence
- Important Features to Consider
- Frequently Asked Questions
The 5 Top-Rated Wireless Dog Fences for 2018
|Best Overall||Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System||4.5|
|Runner Up||SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence||4.2|
|Best Budget Buy||PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire||4.0|
|Best Perimeter Fence||PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence||4.2|
|Best Hybrid Dog Fence||Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System||4.0|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System
If your dog craves freedom to run while you wish for peace of mind, you’ll love the Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System. Like other systems, this fence combines wire with wireless technology: bury the heavy-duty wire, install the transmitter, and control you pets via the waterproof, wireless collars. The result is a stronger signal than all-wireless dog fences, which translates to increased safety, especially with stubborn runners.
You can purchase more dog collars with this system, allowing you to add up to five dog collars to your initial purchase and transition your whole pack in a painless 1-step process. You can even expand with more dogs and add more fence to cover up to 25 acres. These expansions make the possibilities almost limitless, even for the free-range type of puppy parent.
With a rating of 4.5 and nearly 600 customer reviews on Amazon, you’ll be able to make this purchase confident in quality. And it’s a good thing, too, because, depending on how many collars and how many acres you plan to cover, this system can set you back anywhere from $250 to $800, making this a substantial investment. But once you install it, there’s no doubt, it’s money well spent, no matter how you customize it.
Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System Key features:
- Proudly Made in the USA
- Expandable up to unlimited number of dogs
- Up to 10 acres of coverage
Our Runner-Up Pick: SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence
You can create a safe zone that is unique and fits your yard perfectly with the SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence.
As a top-rated hybrid system, the SportDOG Invisible Dog Fence blends buried wire with wireless receiver collars, to build a highly expandable, highly customizable containment system. You’ll need to bury your wire, but the trade-off is flexibility: you can create a custom-shaped fence up to 100 acres in area. You’ll also appreciate the built-in lightning protection, wire-break alarm, and anti-linger feature.
While purchasing this containment system you can also pick up the corresponding training remote. If you do choose to use it, you can vary the discouragement with your choice of vibration, tone and shock. And these training tools can be controlled by remote with a range of intensity from one to seven on both shock and vibration modes.
With nearly 600 customer reviews on Amazon earning it a 4.2 star rating, it’s easy to see why Amazon has this listed as Amazon’s Choice for invisible dog fence.
- Included coverage area up to 1.33 acres; expandable up to 100 acres
- Four levels of correction, plus a vibration-only training level
- Expandable for multiple dogs (10+ pounds); just add additional collars
Best Budget Pick: PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire
Pick up the PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire and get the amazing quality without breaking the bank!
The PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire is made with your stubborn dog in mind, but will work for just about any. There are few things more frustrating than trying to train a strong-willed dog, but this no-wire fence system can definitely make the job easier. The adjustable collar is specially designed for hard-to-train dogs, incorporating tone and vibration warnings to aid in training and use. The adjustable, waterproof collar fits pets with neck sizes 6-28 inches, and offers 5 correction levels.
This particular model is a system that requires wire but does not include it. So if you’re moving into a place that already has the wire installed, you want to upgrade your base system or you just want to save a few dollars by purchasing a shorter (or generic) wire, this is a great choice for you.
At only $170 for the system, you’ll get plenty for your money. You’ll get the base transmitter, a waterproof and adjustable collar, 50 training flags, training and operating guide, 9-volt battery, test light tool, waterproof splice capsules and wire nuts as well as the interchangeable contact points. If you need a great deal on the wire, check out the Extreme Dog Fence High Performance Boundary Wire, which is compatible with all brands and all models of pet containment.
PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence without Wire Key features:
- Covers up to 10 acres (wire sold separately)
- Expandable for multiple pets
- Train hearing-impaired dogs, thanks to the vibration setting
Best Perimeter Fence Pick: PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence
The PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence will create an area surrounding the transmitter for your pup to play happily.
If you’re looking for a completely wireless system, for a not-too-big yard, you won’t go wrong with PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence. Adjustable for a circular area of up to 3/4 acres, this rechargeable system takes as little as an hour to install and just a few weeks for your pup to adjust to his new safe zone.
You can add as many as 5 collars to your purchase so this system is perfect for your whole dog pack. It even has options for large and stubborn dogs, so you won’t need to worry about your one brute escape artist corrupting the others. The collar goes from dead to fully charged in 2-3 hours and you can pick this transmitter up and take it with you if you plan on extended stays elsewhere.
This perimeter fence has a respectable rating of 4.2 stars on Amazon which will help build your confidence in this purchase but opening up any of the customer reviews and you’ll get a much better appreciation of the quality of this fence.
PetSafe Stay and Play Wireless Fence Key features:
- Absolutely no wires to bury; just plug in the lightweight and portable wireless transmitter
- Offers 5 levels of static correction, plus a tone-only mode for training
- Suitable for dogs 5+ pounds, with neck sizes from 6-23 inches
Best Hybrid Dog Fence Pick: Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System
Customize your containment zone with precision using the Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System.
The Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System allows you to choose what form of deterrent you’d like to use to keep your dog in his safe zone and repel him from his off-limits areas. You can choose from the static shock, loud beep or vibration modes to discourage your dog from escaping. This system is recommended for dogs between 8 and 100 pounds, so there’s a good chance that includes your’s.
The collar features a safety auto off after 10-seconds to keep your panicked dog from being unable to get back home or tormenting a dog who is stuck in a correction zone. The collar is weatherproof (and waterproof) so it can be used in rain or shine. You can also purchase an upgrade and use the collar as a training one as well, so you can control the stimulus manually.
This collar comes with a 1-year replacement warranty so your risk on purchase is minimal. But even so, it has a more than satisfactory Amazon rating of 4.0 stars.
Sit Boo-Boo Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System Key Features:
- 100% Waterproof
- 20 acre perimeter range
- Durable solid copper boundary wire
Who Should Buy a Wireless Dog Fence
Several people who use wireless dog fences find themselves wondering how they ever lived without them. You use these fences to protect your dogs from escape. (Please note, though, a wireless fence will not protect your dogs from intruding animals, so you’ll still need to keep a close eye on them if you’re in an area with a coyote problem, for example.)
If your home is part of a community that has restrictions, you may be limited in terms of what kinds of fence you can and can’t install at your home. An invisible fence is very rarely included in those limitations because they don’t change the community’s aesthetics at all. That’s probably the biggest motivation for a wireless fence: you don’t want to change your yard’s scenery.
You can also greatly benefit from a wireless dog fence if you want to contain your dogs in a large area. With regular fencing, the cost can really add up per foot, but the wireless fences are so much more cost efficient that you may want to use them, even if you actually like the look of some above ground fences. The wireless fences are just so much more cost efficient, it’s hard to ignore the appeal!
To keep your dog securely contained, look no further than the Extreme Dog Fence® Professional Dog Containment System.
Important Features to Consider
A wireless dog fence should have a few important features. Here’s what to consider when selecting a wireless dog fence:
- Perimeter. These types of fences are virtually plug and play types that won’t have you doing any work other than bending down to plug in the transmitter and syncing the collar with it. The transmitter will emit a barrier out at your chosen range, creating a “fence” that far away from the base in all directions. For example, if your transmitter is set to a range of 1,000 feet, there will be an invisible circle 2,000 feet in diameter with the transmitter at the center. This will give an area that will allow you pup to play completely within it. It creates an area of effect fence that will contain your pup perfectly.
- Buried wire. If a round area fence won’t work for your property then you may want to look into the more labor-intense hybrid wireless fence. By burying the wire wherever you want the boundaries for your pup, you can control the play zones and the out of bounds perfectly. You can keep your pup in the front yard, allow him in the backyard, but keep him out of the side yards with this form. But keep in mind – every barrier he has, you’ll have to dig and bury.
- Containing or repelling? You’ll want to consider what you want from the wireless fence you’re using for your dog. You probably have already thoroughly considered the containment: to keep him in the yard and on your property. But if you want to protect your garden, you’ll need to set your containment into zones to repel him from those areas. You can even find transmitters that will emit and area of effect that is entirely an off limits zone and if you place that in your garden (for example), then your pup entering it will set off his deterrent.
- Customized areas. Speaking of setting up areas of containment, finding a fence that will allow you to mark off several areas or uniquely shaped areas for your dogs to roam, you’ll need a buried wire, and possibly a lot of it, depending on your need. Measure before you buy to make sure you have enough but don’t stress it too much; you’ll be able to add to it later, as well.
- Range. Keep in mind for those perimeter fences that contain your pups within an area of effect surrounding the transmitter that you’ll want to have a range large enough to cover all the safe zones. These transmitters cover a circular zone so if you have a property that has a corner not covered by the circle, you may want to think bigger. And for buried fences, you’ll want to keep that range in mind and do a bit of math to encompass all your dog safe zones.
- Training and containment combination. To go hand-in-hand with a good range, you may want to find a system that will take care of training your pup as well as containing him. You can find a behavior e-Collar that will correspond with your containment transmitter; 1 collar for both the fence and the handheld remote that you can use to manually issue discouragements for bad behavior.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a wireless dog fence and how does it work?
A wireless dog fence is a term often used interchangeably with the term “Invisible Fence” and for most purposes, that’s true. A more traditional “wired” fence is the type that will stand up from the ground and limit your dogs movement by either physically blocking him or, less commonly, by using an electric current to shock your pup should he try to push past the fence. The electric fences are mostly used for livestock, but they can serve as a decent dog containment, as well. There are two main types of wireless dog fences, and that term will apply to the receiver (attached to your dog’s collar) not the boundary. It means that you won’t see a fence, but the collar your dog wear will essentially recognize those barriers for him without being connected to anything; hence the term ‘wireless.’
The collar will respond to the barrier when it crosses, setting off a discouragement to urge your dog back into his safe zones. Those discouragements are generally a gentle static shock, a beep, a vibration, or some combination of the three. You may be able to choose which is used if they have a variable mode or you can pick at purchase which collar does what you’d like.
What’s the difference between a wireless dog fence and a hybrid or semi-wireless dog fence?
There’s one big difference between a totally wireless dog fence, which uses no wires at all, and a hybrid system, which uses wire combined with wireless receivers. A 100% wire-free fence uses a transmitter to define boundaries, and those boundaries always expand in a circle around the transmitter; you cannot define specific limits or change the shape of your boundary. A hybrid system, on the other hand, buries a wire for a completely customizable shape.
Are wireless dog fences effective?
Invisible fences work best for properties set back at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal slope and landscaping. Furthermore, wireless fences will not work around metal, including aluminum siding, metal roofing, and other interference. So make sure you’re taking note to the reviews and instructions before you make a purchase. You’ll also want to be incredibly meticulous in setting the system up in order to make sure his range doesn’t extend to anything unsafe, like roads or neighbors. If used properly, however, they can very effectively protect your pup from dangerous escapes and can limit your dog’s access to no-no areas. You’ll want to make sure to maintain any wires for the hybrid systems and always replace batteries in units and collars.
Are wireless dog fences safe?
If done properly, yes, wireless dog fences are safe for your dog. In fact, the use of a wireless dog fence will very likely improve your dog’s safety in his life. You won’t run the risk of him running away and getting lost or running out into the street. Once set up to limit your dog in where he can go and he is trained to respond to the stimulus, you can let him roam independently almost completely without concern. You will occasionally get a particularly stubborn dog who will keep running even after he’s been stimulated to go back. In fact, until he gets the hang of it, you may find he will run into an unsafe spot and get stuck in a panic, not knowing where to go. This is why, until you’re confident he’s 100% trained, you want to stick with him to help, should he get panicked or stuck. It’s also why many collars have an auto shut-off after so long of continuous stimulus. You don’t want to hurt him; you just want him to know when he’s reached outside his limits.
Other Wireless Dog Fences We Reviewed
We looked at 35 other wireless dog fences. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best wireless dog fences list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your home. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing and to make it even easier on you, we’ve grouped them into the following categories:
Hybrid Wireless Fences
If you’re looking for a wireless dog fence, but need to adjust your boundary, you may think you’re out of luck. Not so. With the AsyPets wireless, invisible dog fence, you can create an adjustable containment boundary; you can even set the shape, unlike most wireless systems. The system employs multiple correction levels, which increase in stimulus as your dog approaches the outer limit.
- Easy setup and ultimate flexibility
- Water-resistant, rechargeable collar for dogs 8+ pounds
- Limitlessly expandable; add as many collars as you’d like, for your whole canine family
- 1-year limited warranty + lifetime service
Designed for small to large dogs, this underground, wireless dog fence is both affordable and safe for your pup. The boundary wire gives you ultimate flexibility – delineate exactly what space is safe for your pet (up to 5,000 square-feet) – and then train him to respect the fence’s limits. The waterproof collar is safe, and uses varying levels of correction, including tone-only, to warn your dog to his boundaries.
- Hybrid system pairs an underground wire with wireless receivers
- Boundary wire stretches 300 yards, for coverage up to 5,000 square feet
- Waterproof collar uses tone-only and humane, static correction
If you’re looking for easy installation, precise adjustments, and flexibility, look no further: the Dog Zone hybrid system blends the flexible boundaries of a wired system, with the freedom of wireless receivers. The result is an invisible fence that keeps your pets inside the safe zone – even if that safe zone zig-zags around a pool, kid’s play area, and backyard hazards.
- Hybrid system blends a buried wire with wireless receivers
- Adjustable up to 1.25 acres, for dogs from 30-120 pounds
- 100% money-back guarantee (first 12 months)
Forget the fence! If you need to “fence-in” a very specific, oddly shaped area, you’ll appreciate this hybrid wired-and-wireless dog fence from DOGTEK. You bury the wire exactly where you define your pet’s boundaries, and then let the system do the rest. Well, except for the training. That’s your responsibility, but it’ll only take a few weeks!
- State-of-the-art transmitter with two adjustable zones
- Waterproof collar has 8 levels of humane, static correction
- Two pairs of contact points: short and long
If you’re looking for a simple and flexible electric dog fence system, you’ll appreciate this affordable offering from Dr. Tiger. It’s easy to set up, with an in-ground transmitter cord and boundary wire – no transmitter holes! – that allows you to build a fence that adheres to your yard’s exact shape.
- Easy-to-install fence
- Included cable covers 1/3 of an acre; system expandable up to 5 acres
- Waterproof collar with 5 correction levels
What do you get when you add one wireless transmitter, one buried wire, and a wireless receiver collar? This FunAce hybrid dog fence, which makes it easy to build a custom fence shape without much effort (just a bit of shallow digging or wire-mounting). Average training takes about three weeks, after which time your pet can enjoy roaming and you can enjoy peace of mind.
- Suitable for small to extra-large dogs, from 8+ pounds and with necks from 8 to 20 inches
- Waterproof and rechargeable collar stays charged for 3-7 days, depending on usage
- Customizable coverage area up to 1.25 acres
Looking for a safe, effective and compact wireless dog fence? Forget the shovel and dirty hands: this FunAce system is not only tiny, but also wire-free. Simply plug in the transmitter, then set your radius (40-300 feet) and correction level (1-100). Train your dog, and you’re well on your way to worry-free outdoor play.
- Covers an area up to 600 feet in diameter
- Rechargeable and water-resistant collar has 3 adjustable levels, and fits necks 4-25 inches (8+ pounds)
- Anti-overshock feature keeps the system safe for confused dogs, or in the event of a power outage
Cost: $120-$180 (1- to 3-dog system)
This secure and safe hybrid system uses a flexible buried wire and wireless receiver collars, to create a customized system built for your yard, your dog, and your family. The system is designed for easy training and even easier correction, sending more frequent stimuli as your pet approaches her outdoor limit. You’ll appreciate the rechargeable, back-up battery that keeps your invisible fence up and running, even in the event of a power outage.
- Progressive audio, then humane static stimulus for quicker, easier training and correction
- Correction comes in quick bursts, increase in speed as your dog moves closer to the boundary
- Works with the optional Radio Mat pet deterrent transmitter pad
This hybrid pet fencing system combines wireless receiver collars with a simple-to-bury wire: either fix it to an existing fence, or bury it underground. Then, connect to power, collar your pup, and train him to his new boundaries. Bottom line: If you’re looking for an affordable dog fence and are willing to put in just a bit of work, give this system a look.
- Coverage up to 1.3 acres
- Bury your wire to the exact boundaries of your desired area
- Audible and visual wire-break indicators sound an alarm, should your wire ever break
With the PetsN’all in-ground dog fence, you simply bury (or mount) a wire – exactly how, where, and shaped as you like – and then plug in the transmitter. Collar your dog, train your dog, and you pup will soon know where the outdoor boundaries lie. And if you’re wary of wires, don’t be: Should the wire ever break, an alarm will sound lights will flash.
- Customizable range up to 27,000 square feet
- Precision-control of the signal field, with included speed recognition (e.g. if your dog run towards the boundary, faster correction is issued)
- Built-in protection from lightening, power surges, and other problems
This is a perfect combination pack that also happens to be a hybrid wireless fence and containment system. This will work with your whole pup family, coming with three collars for three dogs as well as 500 feet of wire to bury to contain your pups within your yard or block off specific areas to protect them from wandering playful pup brawls.
- Collars work with fence and remote for training
- Training collars variable settings: vibration, pulse, and tone settings
- 1200′ remote range
Redhound In Ground Electric Fence for Dogs with Waterproof Collar
If you’re willing to put in a bit of work for a great system, the Redhound collar may be the right fit. You’ll have to shallow-bury a heavy-duty wire, but once that’s done you’ll enjoy a completely customized invisible fence, no matter the shape of your backyard. After a few weeks of training, your dogs will respect their boundaries. (And they’ll love their new free-to-roam yard space.)
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver collar
- Audible and visual wire-break indicators, in the event of a problem with your buried wire
- Expandable for unlimited dogs; just add additional collars
This hybrid system combines wireless receivers with buried wire, to build a containment system that is both powerful and completely flexible: define your safe zone as you want it, and not as the standard circle. The included universal remote allows you to correct for barking, aggression, and other behavior issues, beyond simply confining your pet to a set area.
- Designed for small through extra-large dogs, with necks from 3 to 27 inches
- Waterproof and rechargeable receiver collar offers humane, multi-level static correction
- Expandable system (up to 160 yards) adapts to multi-pet households
Another hybrid system, this invisible fence utilizes both wire – so you can build a custom containment area – and wireless technologies to create a flexible, easy-to-install backyard haven for your dog. And here’s the best part: If you don’t feel like digging, no problem; the wire can be laid above-ground or even mounted to an existing fence.
- Designed for small to extra-large dogs, with neck sizes from 8 to 27 inches (weight: 11-154 pounds)
- Expandable coverage area up to 10 acres
- Easily adaptable for multiple dogs; you can even train several dogs at once
Cost: $185-$275 (1-3 dogs)
If you’re in the market for one of the most affordable, reliable and best wireless dog fence systems on the market, give the Petpopo a second look. With an adjustable range up to 1.25 acres, adjustable corrections, and a waterproof, rechargeable collar receiver, this fencing system has all the standard equipment at a cost-efficient price.
- Hybrid system blends an easily buried wire with wireless receiver collars
- Coverage area up to 1.25 acres (5,000 square meters)
- Progressive warning tone and static corrections keep your pet confined to established boundaries
We finish out our list with a final hybrid system, which again blends a buried wire with wireless receivers and a transmitter. You’ll appreciate the flexibility and affordability, while your pups will simply love running freely through up to 5 acres of your property. And yes, we said pups; simply add additional collars to instantly expand on your invisible fence system.
- Covers 1/3 of an acre; expandable up to 5 acres
- Comfortable receiver collar has 4 correction levels, plus a tone-only mode for training
- S.-based customer care
Is there a bitty fur-baby in your life? Check out the PetSafe Elite Little Dog invisible fence, especially sized for petit pets starting at 5 pounds. The hybrid system combines an underground wire with wireless transmitters, to create a safe area up to 25 acres (included wire covers 1/3 acre).
- Designed for small dogs, starting at just 5 lbs.; fits pets with necks from 6 to 16 inches
- 4 levels of humane, static correction, plus an additional tone-only training level
- Wired boundary means you can create a custom yard shape, to exclude danger areas
This instant-install system from PetSafe is both safe and portable, offering an immediate, invisible dog fence wherever you travel. It’s as simple as plugging in the radio transmitter – no poles or wires to bury. Outfit your pup with the waterproof receiver collar, then train her 10-15 minutes a day, for up to 3 weeks, and she’ll learn her limits quickly and easily.
PetSafe Wireless Fence PIF-300 Key features:
- Creates an instant boundary of 180-feet in diameter (1/2 acre)
- Completely wireless and portable
- Containment system is ideally suited to flat yards
If you have a runner, you know the anxiety of watching your pet escape out an open door and into the great outdoors. Check that anxiety with the Ruff invisible dog fence – a hybrid system that uses both underground wire, wireless receivers, and a control box. Establish a custom perimeter and activate the adjustable collars, to create a safe outdoor area for your dogs to roam.
- Adjustable collars may be adjusted for width, contact point depth, dog hair type, and other factors
- Adjustable boundary may be customized to your exact specifications
- Expandable for multiple dogs
Want a fast, easy-to-install wireless dog fence? Welcome to Sit Boo-Boo, a system that combines a transmitter, cord, and wireless dog collars to establish safe boundaries for your furry friend. What’s more, this system is easily portable, for use anywhere you take your pups.
- Collars have 5 levels of correction, from vibration to static correction
- Easily expandable, for greater coverage zone: just add additional cord, to extend up to 5 acres
- 12-month, 100% money-back guarantee
This state-of-the-art wireless fence is all about your pet’s safety and your convenience, creating an invisible barrier for your pet to play and roam. Simply place the fence cord around your selected area, install the wireless transmitter, and collar your pup (there are 5 humane and safe levels of correction), and you’re ready to roll. Spend a few weeks training your pup, and you’ll never again worry that she’s wandered into the kids’ sandbox or over to a dangerous area of the yard.
- Semi-corded system (with wireless transmission) allows you to create a custom containment area of any shape
- Powerful 25-acre transmitter signal
- Lifetime Guarantee: 100% product refund, anytime, if you’re unhappy
When is a wireless dog fence more than your average wireless dog fence? When it’s portable! This instant, completely wireless fence is so easy to install, you can bring it with you to the park, to your in-laws, and anywhere else you need to contain your pup. And, with a warning tone followed by a stimulus, it’s easy for dogs to intuit their boundaries, no matter where you are.
- Very easy coding between transmitter and receiver
- 100 levels of intensity
- Set your own range (maximum: 500 feet), as your needs and environment dictate
Perimeter Wireless Fences
A transmitter and receiver collars are all that comprise this 100% wireless system. Simply set your radius – from 0 to 200 meters in all directions – program your correction level, and place training flags, if necessary, around your boundary area. Your dog needs just a few weeks to learn her new permitted area, and then she’s ready to run free.
- 100% wireless, radio frequency-controlled
- Waterproof collar offers 100 levels of correction
- 3 different electric shock levels: strong, medium, and weak
Welcome to wire-free, flag-free, stress-free installation: the PetPi wireless dog fence system is as easy as it gets. Simply plug in the transmitter, train your dog, and then let her roam freely – up to 500 meters in coverage radius. What’s more, the collar holds charge up to seven days, and one transmitter can communicate with unlimited receiver collars – in other words, your whole canine family.
- Completely wireless installation
- Waterproof and rechargeable collar
- 100 adjustable correction levels
Looking for a safe, effective and compact wireless dog fence? Forget the shovel and dirty hands: this OKPET system is not only tiny, but also wire-free. Simply plug in the transmitter, then set your radius (up to 900 feet) and correction level. Train your dog, and you’re well on your way to worry-free outdoor play.
- Covers an area up to 900 feet in radius
- Rechargeable and water-resistant collar has adjustable levels
- Anti-overshock feature keeps the system safe for confused dogs, or in the event of a power outage
This simple-to-install invisible pet fence uses radio communication to establish accurate boundaries for your dogs. You’ll love that the system is 100% wireless, so leave the shovel in the shed; simply install the transmitter and set your boundary – from 40 to 500 feet radius, and adjustable levels from 1-100. The rechargeable collar is water-resistant and rain-proof, and batter life lasts 1-3 days.
- 1- or 2-dog systems, may be expanded via extra receiver collars
- Appropriate for dogs 8+ pounds, with neck size 6-26 inches
- System is ideal for properties situated at least 30 feet from the road, with minimal landscaping and slope
Leave buried wires in the past, with one of the best wireless dog fence systems on the market. New features, including a tighter trigger zone, builds on an already strong set of offerings and tracks your pups location at all times. Program your preferred correction levels, train your pup, and watch the magic happen.
- Set up your system in under an hour
- Advanced collar uses Transceivers (highly integrated signal chips)
- Includes battery charger
This portable, easy-to-install wireless invisible dog fence is designed for simple installation and portability – use at home or while on vacation. After the initial training period, your pup will respond to the warning tone or static – there are 6 intensity levels to choose from – and know where she can and cannot roam.
- Easy installation: Install indoors, no wires necessary
- Collar correction includes the standard vibration and static correction, as well as tone and an owner voice-to-collar option
- Collar vibrates and can also shock
This wire-free dog fence from Motorola is designed for both home use and portability. Just plug in the wireless transmitter, and you’ll create a circular boundary to prevent your four-pawed family member from wandering outside his safe zone. The backlit LCD screen is easy to see, and the 15-level correction collar is designed to meet the needs of your dog’s personality, be it compliant or willful.
- Easy indoor or outdoor installation, with no wires to bury
- 2 training modes, with 15 levels of humane, static correction (very gentle to firm)
- Expandable up to 2 dogs
Are you dogs constantly wandering into rooms and areas of your home that they shouldn’t? Enter this wireless, indoor dog fence: it’s designed to warn pets away from certain spots, rather than keep them contained within a certain area. It works like any other wireless dog fence: collar your pup, set up your transmitter, and then train your dog to stay away from the off-limits area.
- Keep pets off counters and furniture, away from trash cans and dangerous areas, and other off-limit indoor areas
- Indoor transmitter sends out a stay-away signal up to 12 feet in diameter; adjust your signal range (2-12 feet diameter) per your requirements
- Suitable for small to large dogs, with an adjustable collar for 6 to 17-inch necks
This 100% wireless dog fence system uses connected transceivers to constantly monitor your dog’s location, at all times. The result is an easy-to-install system that keeps her within safe boundaries, while reporting critical safety information back to you and the Smart Station base.
- Easy to install
- State-of-the-art wireless collar transceiver constantly communicates with the Smart Station base
- Not compatible with yards that have metal roofs, outbuildings, or other metal components
The name says it [almost] all: PetSafe’s Free to Roam wireless dog fence is dedicated to giving your furry friends some outdoor freedom. The circular coverage area extends up to ½ acre, and may be adjusted from 5 to 90 feet in radius. Best of all, there are absolute no wires to bury or holes to dig: just plug in the transmitter and you’re ready to go. The system’s even portable, so you can take it on vacation.
- Setup takes just 1-2 hours
- Waterproof, comfortable collars are suitable for pets of 5+ pounds, and includes 5 levels of static correction
- S.-based customer service
If you’re looking to keep animals OUT, not IN, PetSafe’s Pawz Away comes to the rescue. Disguised as a rock, this nifty gadget warns pets away from special landscaping, dangerous plants, and even areas where they shouldn’t walk. It’s as simple as can be, functioning similarly to other wireless dog fences: the system sends a warning single when your pet wanders too close to the barrier area.
- Keep your pets away from pools, fountains, children’s play areas, trash cans, and other off-limits areas
- Each barrier protects up to an 8-foot radius; custom barriers may be shaped from up to 150 feet of boundary wire (sold separately)
- Suitable for pets 5+ pounds, with neck sizes 6-28 inches
Cost: $95 (additional barriers, $60)
PetSafe offers a super simple approach to the wireless, electric and completely invisible dog fence systems: Instead of buried wires or transmitters, you simply plug in the transmitter, slip the collar onto your dog, and set her free to play. When you pup approaches the transmitter boundary, she’ll receive a beep and then a startling (but not painful) static correction. A bit of training, and your furry friend will know her boundaries – no beep required.
- Wireless, circular boundary extends from 5 to 90 feet, in all directions
- Easy set up takes under 2 hours
- Waterproof receiver collar has 5 levels of static correction, plus a training mode (alarm only)
If you’re a fan of simple, you’ll love the PETJOY wireless dog fence: simply plug in the transmitter, collar your pup, train him, and you’re ready to roll. Setup takes less than a minute, and correction levels vary from 1 to 100, making it easy to train your dog to the system. The water-resistant and rechargeable collar receiver has is suited to small dogs, and can withstand sunny, slightly rainy, sandy or even dusty days.
- Wireless safety zone up to 500 feet
- Absolutely no wiring or flags
- Suitable for small dogs, with 100 levels of adjustment to suit any breed or dog personality
More Pet Product Reviews:
- The Best GPS Dog Tracker
- The Best Dog Beds
- The Best Automatic Cat Feeder
- The Best Probiotic for Dogs
- The Best Dog Clippers
- The Best Dog Gates
- The Best Pet Camera
- The Best Dog Kennel
- The Best Pet Stroller