Your dog deserves the ultimate in comfort, but if you have a large dog, finding the right dog bed can be a challenge. If your dog is older and has arthritis, hip dysplasia, or other chronic conditions that lead to aching joints or overall fatigue, choosing the right bed is particularly important for your dog’s comfort and health.
If you have other dogs in your household and they’re much smaller, read our review of dog beds for small dogs.
We looked at dozens of dog beds in order to find the best, highest-quality, most comfortable dog beds to accommodate bigger dogs at any budget, based on factors such as size, quality of materials, Amazon ratings, orthopedic support, ease of cleaning, portability, and other considerations. We narrowed our search down to 5 of the top-rated beds that pet parents can buy for their large dogs.
Looking for cat beds? See our full list of The Best Heated Cat Beds.
Meet the famous Big Barker, the best dog bed you can buy for a big dog.
For large dogs, we’ve identified the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed as the best bet. While it’s pricier than most dog beds for large dogs, it’s made from high-quality materials, comes in three sizes, is easily washable, and it’s a full seven inches thick for added comfort and support. These benefits, coupled with the 10-year warranty that guarantees the foam will retain 90% of its shape and loft for 10 years, make it a smart buy for devoted pet parents.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Dog Beds for Large Dogs
|1. Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed||Best Overall||4.9|
|2. Barks Bar Snuggly Sleeper||Runner Up||4.4|
|3. Furhaven Orthopedic Dog Couch||Best Budget Buy||4.2|
|4. Better World Pets First-Quality Orthopedic Dog Bed||Best Orthopedic Bed||4.6|
|5. eLuxury Supply Orthopedic Dog Bed||Best Memory Foam Bed||4.7|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed 0
If you’re looking for the ultimate in comfort for your large breed dog, the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed won’t disappoint. The extraordinary comfort your dog will enjoy comes at a cost – this dog bed ranges in price from about $240 to $400, depending on size – reviewers say it’s well worth the price. This dog bed is constructed of a three-inch layer of H45 comfort foam, sandwiched between two, two-inch layers of H10 comfort foam, making it a full seven inches thick. Additionally, a four-inch, contoured foam pillow top on one side gives your dog a comfortable place to lay his head.
The American-made therapeutic foam layers are the highest quality you’ll find in an orthopedic dog bed (the same foam used in top-quality furniture), so it won’t flatten over time. In fact, Big Barker guarantees it won’t, backing the product with a 10-year warranty – if the foam fails to retain 90% of its original shape and loft for a full 10 years, the company will send you a free replacement. The foam meets CertiPUR-US standards for content, emissions, and durability, and it’s been analyzed by third-party, independent testing laboratories. The bed is wrapped in a soft, 100% microfiber cover that’s machine-washable and zips open for easy cleaning.
The high-quality foam construction and ultra-thick, seven-inch base make the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed an ideal choice for dogs who suffer from arthritis, hip dysplasia, and general aches and pains associated with old age, as it provides superior support even for the largest dogs, ensuring that they won’t sink through the bed and end up essentially lying on the hard floor. Instead, this bed supports every curve of your dog’s body, offering added relief for achy muscles and joints.
The Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed comes in three sizes to suit large breed dogs of any size. The large size is 48-by-30 inches, the extra large measures 52-by-36 inches, and the “giant” size measures a generous 60-by-48 inches. And, you can choose from four colors so that your dog’s bed complements your decor: burgundy, charcoal grey, chocolate, and khaki.
Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed Key Features:
- American-made orthopedic foam
- Won’t flatten or pancake over time
- Machine-washable and easy to clean
- 100% microfiber cover
Our Runner Up Pick: BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper
Durable, made of premium memory foam for the endless support and joint relief your dog needs.Check Price
A more budget-conscious, yet still high-quality, choice is the BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper Orthopedic Dog Bed, which costs about $70. Also an orthopedic dog bed, it’s ideal for older dogs as well as those with hip or joint issues, such as arthritis, thanks to the robust support. Suitable for medium to large dogs, the BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper in large measures 40 inches by 30 inches (the inner sleeping space is about 36-by-24 inches), and it’s a full 10 inches high, which includes the cotton-padded rim cushioning around the sides, designed to contour to your pup’s neck. The base, constructed of solid and grooved orthopedic foam to provide deep cushioning and pressure relief for achy joints, is four inches thick.
This dog bed accommodates dogs up to 100 pounds and 36 inches long with ease. An ultra-soft polyester cover features a quilted design for a classic look that won’t clash with your decor, and there’s a non-slip rubber backing on the bottom to prevent the bed from sliding across wooden or tiled flooring when your pup enthusiastically flops down for a nap.
Like the Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed, the Barks Bar Snuggly Sleeper is easy to clean, with a removable, machine-washable (gentle/delicate cycle) cover that’s also easy to spot clean in between washings. However, rather than putting it in the dryer, you’ll need to allow it to air-dry.
BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper Key Features:
- Inner sleeping space is 36″ x 24″
- Ultra-soft polyester cover with quilted design
- 4″ of solid & grooved orthopedic foam base
- Non-slip rubber backing on the backside
Best Budget Pick: FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Couch
An excellent choice for the truly budget-minded who don’t want to sacrifice their pet’s comfort.
Among dog beds for large breed dogs under $50, the FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Couch is an excellent choice for the truly budget-minded who don’t want to sacrifice their pet’s comfort. The jumbo size, which measures 44 inches by 35 inches and has a sleeping surface of 32-by-29 inches, costs less than $50. It’s 4.5 inches thick, featuring an egg-crate orthopedic foam base to soothe pressure points and support joints, making it a suitable choice for aging dogs or those with hip and joint problems.
The base of this dog bed is made of egg-crate orthopedic foam and water-resistant polycanvas, a plus for aging dogs who may have incontinence issues. It has a soft, durable faux plush sleeping surface, and soft, supportive bolstered edges on three sides.
The FurHaven Orthopedic Dog Couch also comes in small, medium, and large sizes, although the jumbo size is really the only size suitable for larger breeds. The large size, for instance, measures 36-by-27 inches with a 3.5-inch thick base and a 27-by-22 inch sleeping surface, so it’s more suitable for medium- to large-sized dogs. Fortunately, this dog bed is so affordable that springing for the jumbo size is no big deal. And, for the style-conscious pet parent, the FurHaven Dog Couch comes in a variety of colors, from velvet smoke gray to plush clay, quilted navy, fleece coffee, and more, as well as a diamond-pattern design in blue, brown, or gray. There’s good news for health-conscious dog parents, as well: Like Big Barker, FurHaven uses only low VOC, CertiPUR-US(R) certified foam that’s manufactured in the USA and rigorously tested to ensure that it meets standards for content, emissions, and durability.
Fur Haven Orthopedic Dog Couch Key Features:
- Water-resistant polycanvas base
- Soft, durable faux plush sleeping surface
- Soft, supportive bolstered edges on three sides
- Orthopedic foam base for pressure point relief
Best Orthopedic Dog Bed: First-Quality Orthopedic Dog Bed from Better World Pets
Super soft, five inches thick, providing just the right amount of pressure point support for elderly dogs.
For aging or arthritic dogs, an orthopedic dog bed is a must. Sold by Better World Pets, the First-Quality Orthopedic Dog Bed contains 100% premium memory foam fill, shredded for softness and packed densely in separate chambers to prevent clumping and sagging, providing the firmness needed to support your dog’s achy joints without sacrificing comfort. It’s five inches thick, providing just the right amount of pressure point support to keep elderly dogs or those with hip dysplasia or arthritis cozy and comfortable. It’s available in several sizes, including a large size that measures 40 inches long, 28 inches wide, and five inches high, suitable for dogs between 50 and 80 pounds. Prices range from $40 to $80, depending on size.
With a durable cover and waterproof lining, this bed is also ideal for aging dogs who are beginning to have incontinence. Two-sided with a zipper close, the cover is easily removable and machine-washable (gentle cycle and air-dry recommended) should an accident happen. And, it’s equipped with a non-skid bottom as well.
Overall, this bed is flexible and comfortable, and it holds its shape nicely over time. In addition, it’s backed by a one-year money-back guarantee, and the company donates 10% of its profits to the Humane Society of the United States.
First-Quality Orthopedic Dog Bed from Best World Pets Key Features:
- Durable cover
- Waterproof lining
- Skid-proof bottom
- 100% memory-foam fill
- Won’t sag or flatten out
Best Memory Foam Dog Bed: eLuxury Supply Orthopedic Dog Bed
Top layer of cushioned latex, bottom layer of plush memory foam that supports without bottoming out.
With five inches of total thickness, including two inches of orthopedic, gel-enhanced memory foam as the top layer and a three-inch, high-density support base underneath, the eLuxury Supply Orthopedic Dog Bed provides ample support for dogs young and old. The large size (which costs about $100) is an ample 36 inches by 45 inches in size, and the bed is wrapped in a 100% waterproof encasement to protect the interior gel memory foam in case of accidents.
The 100% cotton cover is removable and machine-washable (hand or machine-wash in cold water, tumble dry low), and it’s pre-shrunk as well, so you don’t have to worry about fitting the base back into the cover after washing. Replacement covers are also available for about $70 (in the large size) in a variety of decorative patterns to match your decor.
The USA-made, CertiPUR-US certified memory foam will hold its shape over time, ensuring optimal support for your dog. eLuxury Supply stands behind its product, offering a 90-day money-back guarantee.
eLuxury Supply Orthopedic Dog Bed Key Features:
- 100% waterproof encasement
- Removable and machine-washable top cover
- 100% cotton cover with decorative piping and covered zipper
- Replacement covers available
- Large size is 36″ x 45″ x 5″
Who Should Buy a Dog Bed for Large Dogs
Dogs are pack animals, but that doesn’t mean they don’t like to have their own space, too. A dog bed is just one of those essentials you should plan for when adopting a dog, and if you choose wisely, a good dog bed can last for years of regular use. If you don’t want your dog on your furniture, providing a comfortable alternative to your couch (or bed) is a must, particularly for large breeds, as a 100-pound dog can easily take up more than a little space on your living room sofa – not to mention leave you with more cleaning to do if your dog is one who sheds (as most do). And let’s face it: replacing a dog bed is surely cheaper than replacing your living room suite, even if you’re spending top dollar on a pet bed.
Your dog provides you with unwavering loyalty and companionship, and he deserves his own comfortable sleeping space. A dog bed becomes your pet’s territory, giving him a sense of security that allows him to rest peacefully – and when your dog is resting peacefully, you can rest peacefully, too. Plus, a dog bed provides insulation to help your pet stay warm and cozy when the weather (and thus typically the floor) is cold; likewise, a good bed can keep him cooler when the weather is unbearably warm.
Large breed dogs are also susceptible to health conditions like arthritis and hip dysplasia, as their skeletons are tasked with carrying more weight around, and the hard floor (even if you have plush carpeting) simply doesn’t provide enough support for tired, aching joints. A blanket, no matter how plush and comfortable, or a rug are simply no substitute for a quality dog bed. Our top pick, runner up, and budget pick are all constructed of high-quality orthopedic foam, providing much-needed cushioning and support for your dog.
Meet the famous Big Barker, the best dog bed you can buy for a big dog
Important Features to Consider
A dog bed for large dogs should do several things well. Here’s what to consider when selecting a dog bed for your large breed dog:
- Appropriate sizing. First, a dog bed should have a sleeping space that’s adequate for your pet to rest comfortably, without feet and legs hanging over the sides (unless by choice). This means that pet parents with huge breeds such as a Great Dane or Mastiff may be more limited in their options as fewer pet beds come in sizes large enough to accommodate their dog. It’s a good idea to measure the space your dog typically sleeps in and narrow your search to beds that meet this criteria. Finally, if you’re looking for a bed that can serve as a crate mat, know the dimensions of your dog’s crate before you shop.
- High-quality foam. A dog bed should be robust enough to support your dog’s weight and relieve the pressure from his bones and joints while he rests. Generally, you want to look for dense, supportive, human-grade orthopedic foam rather than shredded fabrics or low-loft fiber filling that’s more likely to flatten under your dog’s weight (and end up looking more like a pancake over time). Large dogs require beds with a thicker, firmer base to support their weight – thin, flimsy pads typically won’t cut it for the big dogs.
- Safe and eco-friendly materials. Health concerns are another consideration when it comes to foam. Eco-minded pet parents may want to consider a dog bed constructed of recycled or eco-friendly materials. Every dog parent, however, should look for beds constructed of CertiPUR-US(R) certified foam, which means that it’s free of mercury, lead, heavy metals, flame retardants, and other materials and substances that could potentially be harmful to your pet’s health.
- Bolster or mattress-style? You should also consider your dog’s typical slumber habits and general personality traits. Does your dog like to curl up in a ball in smaller, more confined spaces? In this case, you might consider a bed with bolsters on the sides to provide a more secure, confined space. Anxious dogs will also enjoy the added privacy and feelings of security offered by a bolster dog bed. On the other hand, if your dog likes to roll around and stretch out, a pillow or mattress-style dog bed might be more suitable.
- Water-resistant materials. For aging dogs, an orthopedic memory foam bed is a solid choice, but you should also consider water-resistant materials if your dog has issues with bladder leakage. At a minimum, look for a dog bed with a removable, machine-washable cover so you can easily keep your pet’s bed clean. Whether your dog is young or old, a long-haired shedder or a short-haired breed, suffers from bladder leakage or incontinence or is always accident-free, your dog’s bed will become dirty and stinky over time – so easy cleaning is key. You wouldn’t want to sleep in a bed with sheets and that haven’t been washed in years, would you?
- Durable materials. Is your dog a chewer? Look for a dog made made from durable materials, such as heavy nylon or canvas, which can be more resistant to your dog’s best shredding efforts. Durability is something to consider for dogs who tend to scratch or dig before lying down, as well.
- Elevated beds for outdoor use. Finally, if your pup tags along for your outdoor adventures such as camping trips or spends time outside in the backyard with your family, it’s a good idea to invest in a dog bed that’s suitable for outdoor use in addition to a standard, comfortable indoor bed. For outdoor use, elevated (or cot-style) dog beds are the best bet. These dog beds are raised a few inches off the ground, meaning your dog won’t be lying in the damp grass (not that he’d mind). Plus, on hot summer days, having that air circulation below can help to keep your dog cooler.
- Non-slip surface on the bottom. You should also consider where you’ll be using your dog’s bed. If you’ll be placing it in a room with wood or tile flooring, choosing a dog bed with a non-slip bottom can save you from having to push the bed back into its proper location every time you walk into the room. That’s because when your big dog flops into his bed, dog beds with a smooth, fabric surface tend to slide around a bit on wood or tile floors, meaning it can migrate its way across the room in short order.
- Colors and patterns. Depending on where you plan to keep your dog’s new bed, colors and patterns might be an important consideration. If you’ll be keeping it in your living room, you probably don’t want a dog bed that will clash with your decor and stand out like a sore thumb. Fortunately, many dog beds for large dogs come in a variety of colors, and some have a few pattern choices, too. Most come in a few neutral shades to complement practically any decor.
- Warranty. If you’re spending a few hundred dollars on a dog bed, you want to make sure it’s one that will last. Some dog beds are backed by a warranty – even up to 10 years! – that promises that the foam or other materials will hold most of their shape and loft for a certain time, and if it doesn’t, you can get a free replacement.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you introduce a dog to a new bed?
Of course, your investment in a top-quality dog bed is all for naught if your pup won’t have anything to do with it. You can encourage your dog to sleep in his new bed by placing a favorite toy on it and rewarding him with treats when he lays on it. Some pet parents also train their dogs to respond to commands such as, “Go to bed,” which can also prove useful when you need your dog to remain calm when you have visitors.
If you are trying to transition your dog from sleeping in your bed to sleeping in his own bed, it may be helpful to position the new bed next to your own. Being in close proximity to you can make your pet feel more relaxed, particularly if the bed is close enough that you can reach out to offer some comforting belly rubs.
What is a dog bed made of?
Dog beds are made of a variety of materials. Many dog beds for large dogs are made of orthopedic foam, often memory foam, which offers better support for a bigger dog’s weight compared to lower-quality foams and materials. These beds have covers (some removable for washing, others not) made of cotton, polyester, faux suede, fleece, or other soft materials.
Among dog beds that do not contain orthopedic or memory foam filling, a variety of filling materials may be used, from cedar filling (which can reduce odor) to cotton, polyester or fiber fill, recycled bedding and clothing materials, and more. Some eco-friendly dog beds are even made from recycled plastic bottles. Other dog beds, such as elevated dog beds, have metal or plastic frames with a breathable, durable, mesh-like fabric such as high density polyethylene (HDPE) stretched across the top to create a sleeping platform.
What is a good fabric for a dog bed?
There are many fabrics that are suitable for dog beds; the right one depends on your personal preferences and your dog’s needs. Heavy-duty nylon canvas fabrics, for instance, are often a good choice for dogs with destructive tendencies (the dog who enjoys shredding his toys, blankets, and beds), while there are other durable materials to choose from that are resistant to chewing, as well.
Fleece, denim, microfiber, and faux suede are also good choices for dog bed fabrics. If your dog has allergies, you’ll want to keep this in mind when choosing a dog bed; likewise, opt for a cooler fabric if your dog has long, thick fur. If you’re using a dog bed outdoors, choose one that’s water-resistant and, ideally, resistant to mold and mildew as well. Finally, it’s a good idea to choose a dog bed with fabrics that are washable.
How can I get my dog to like his new bed?
Because familiar scents are calming to dogs, placing a t-shirt that smells like you (i.e., one that you’ve worn) on or next to the bed, or your dog’s favorite blanket, which will smell like him and make the bed feel more like his own territory, can encourage your pup to embrace his new dog bed. Much like introducing your dog to his new bed, you can help him to grow more fond of it by making it fun – offer treats as a reward when he uses his bed, and try placing a few of his favorite toys nearby or on the bed.
If your dog has an old bed, another useful trick is to place a sheet or blanket over his old bed for a few days, then move the sheet to the new bed. Then, gradually move the sheet off the bed, eventually removing it altogether. Finally, keep the dog bed close to his previous sleeping spot, at least initially, and if you want to move it to another area, do so gradually. If your dog is attached to your hip, keeping his bed close to you is a surefire way to ensure that he uses it and grows to love it.
Other Dog Beds for Large Dogs We Reviewed
Meet the famous Big Barker, the best dog bed you can buy for a big dog
We looked at 20 other beds for large dogs. Even though they didn’t make our 5 best beds for large dogs list, they’re the best of the rest and each is still a great option for your dog. The information you’ll need to compare each one is included with the listing.
- Mattress and Mat-Style Dog Beds
- Bolster Dog Beds and Sofa-Style Dog Beds
- Memory Foam Dog Beds (Mattress and Bolster Style)
- Elevated/Cot-Style Dog Beds
Mattress and Mat-Style Dog Beds
Current Rating: 3.9
The Armakat Pet Bed Mat is a combination of heavy-duty canvas and soft plush for the perfect balance of comfort and durability. It comes in several sizes, including Extra Large (49″ long x 35″ wide x 8″ high) and Extra Extra Large (60″ long x 43″ wide x 8″ high) to accommodate even the largest breeds.
- Zippered opening for easily removing cover
- Waterproof lining makes for easy cleaning
- Waterproof and skid-free base
Current Rating: 3.2
The Furhaven NAP Pet Bed Crate or Kennel Pad in size X-Large is 42″ x 24″, and it’s sized to fit into today’s common kennel and crate sizes, or it stands on its own as a comfortable pet cushion.
- Medical-grade 1.375″ foam core
- Polyurethane foam core provides insulating comfort and support
- Water-resistant polycanvas exterior
- Easy to clean
Current Rating: 4.6
The Milliard Quilted Padded Orthopedic Dog Bed uses durable egg crate luxe foam coupled with a thick pillowtop layer for the ultimate in support and comfort for your dog. A zippered, washable cover makes for easy cleaning, and Milliard offers a 100% money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied with your purchase.
- Ergonomically designed, egg-crate foam
- Pillowtop plush upper layer
- Cover easily zips off and is machine washable
- Dimensions: 36″ x 27″ x 4″
Current Rating: 4.2
The Ombré Swirl Dog Bed works as a cushion for your dog’s crate (the largest available size, 48 inches, is suitable for dog crates up to 48 inches long) or as a stand-alone bed. It’s ideal for dogs weighing between 91 and 110 pounds and is backed by a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Fits dog crates up to 48″ long
- Non-skid bottom great for tile or wood flooring
- Ultra-soft synthetic fur overstuffed dog bed
- Machine washable for easy maintenance
Current Rating: 4.4
If your dog doesn’t need the security of a bolster, this deluxe pillowtop pet bed is designed by the same mattress experts as the Serta Orthopedic Quilted Couch, but is a flat design to accommodate dogs who like to stretch out rather than snuggle. In size X-Large, this dog bed measures 47″ x 39″ x 4″, so it can also accommodate larger dogs compared to the other model as well.
- Orthopedic foam for comfort and support
- Easy-care cover zips off for easy washing
- Luxurious, quilted pillowtop is soft and comfortable
Current Rating: 5.0
You know how difficult it is to sleep when you’re hot, and dogs have a more difficult time cooling down than people do. The Whalek Cooling Mat is the perfect solution to help your dog chill out and relax on a hot day. It’s ideal for cars, couches, car seats, and kennels, and it works as an add-on to your dog’s regular bed or as a stand-alone cooling mat. Size Large measures 35.4″ x 19.7″, although an Extra Large version is also available with dimensions of 37.8″ x 31.9″.
- Non-toxic, safe for animals, adults, and kids
- Requires no electricity
- Waterproof material is easy to clean
- Won’t leak
- Flexible gel mat offers extra comfort for dogs with joint pain or muscle aches
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Bolster Dog Beds and Sofa-Style Dog Beds
Current Rating: 4.8
The K9 Ballistics Tough Bolster Orthopedic bed is the perfect blend of practicality and comfort for dogs of all ages and sizes. Constructed from 5” solid CertiPUR-USA® no glue foam, the orthopedic mattress distributes weight evenly offering spine and joint protection for individual dogs or multiple dogs up to 350 pounds. Fewer pressure points create better blood circulation and mitigate pain, enhancing sleep quality and comfort. Each customizable cover is easy to spot clean or easy to remove for a machine wash, and a waterproof membrane protects the bed itself against any accidents. The Tough Bolster Orthopedic bed is designed and engineered in the USA and backed by 3rd party testing and a 120-day warranty.
- 120 day warranty
- Constructed from 5” solid CertiPUR-USA® no glue foam
- Made with seamless edges and hidden zippers
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA
Current Rating: 4.5
The Petlo Orthopedic Mattress Pet Sofa Bed is a solid memory foam coach suitable for dogs, puppies, and even cats. It has a removable, washable cover for convenient cleaning and bolsters around three sides and part of the front to give your dog that secure, snuggled feeling he craves. In size Extra Large, this supportive pet sofa measures 46″ x 36″ x 10″.
- Retains shape and thickness over time (won’t flatten)
- Bolsters around 3 full sides plus part of the front to provide nesting security
- Easily wipe off dog hair between cleanings
- Removable, machine-washable cover
- Water resistant
Memory Foam Dog Beds (Mattress and Bolster Style)
A perfect combination of health, comfort, and quality, copper-infused pet beds from copper clothing are an excellent choice for those who seek holistic pet care. The bed comes with a copper infused cover and a removable memory foam base cushion, which is designed to ensure that your pet lives longer and stays healthy. It is not only warm and comfortable but also helps protect your pet from allergies, aches, pains and bacterial infections.
This copper-infused dog bed is easy to clean, odor-resistant, self-sterilizing and offers a natural solution for sanitation problems. It also fights inflammation and discourages fleas. There’s also a flat copper bed available.
- Anti-microbial – A chemical free, non-drug and non-invasive solution to keep pets happy and healthy
- Removable memory foam base cushion for easy cleaning
- Anti-inflammatory – thermo-regulating fabric provides ultimate comfort to older or arthritic dogs
- Anti-odor – destroys the odor caused by bacteria and yeast metabolizing secretions
Current Rating: 4.3
The BRINDLE Soft Memory Foam Dog Bed features a three-inch layer of shredded orthopedic memory foam fill that alleviates pressure points and increases breathability. The largest size is 54″ x 34″, which is ideal for 54″ x 36″ dog crates and large breeds such as German Shepherds, Great Danes, or other big dogs.
- Soft, microsuede cover
- Shredded orthopedic memory foam fill
- Stitched inner baffles to hold foam in place
- Removable, washable cover
- Three-year warranty
- Relieves arthritis, achy joints, and pain from hip dysplasia
Current Rating: 4.7
With multiple large sizes available including Extra Large (40″ x 35″ x 4″), XXL (55″ x 37″ x 4″), and Jumbo (55″ x 47″ x 4″), the Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed has options to suit dogs of any size. And, it comes with one internal and two external covers to make cleaning a breeze and extend the life of the bed.
- One waterproof internal zipper case
- One heavy duty washable blue denim external zipper cover (100% washable)
- Bonus MicroSuede brown external cover
- Hypoallergenic high-density 100% memory foam pad
- Won’t flatten over time to provide years of joint comfort
Current Rating: 4.5
This extra-large dog bed is 50 inches long, 34 inches wide and 7 inches high, plus it comes with a pillow that’s an additional three inches high for the ultimate in comfort for your beloved pooch. Made of thick, hypo-allergenic premium memory foam comparable to what you’d find in high-end mattress stores, this dog bed is ideal for large dogs with arthritis, hip, and joint issues.
- Interior waterproof fabric zippered cover
- Soft, plush suede exterior cover
- Anti-slip bottom zippered cover
- Orthopedic-grade memory foam
- Great for dogs with arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint and muscle stiffness
Current Rating: 4.6
The Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed comes in multiple sizes, the largest of which (size X Large) measures 46″ x 35″ x 4″. Made with memory foam, it contours perfectly to your dog’s body for joint support and arthritis relief.
- Non-slip bottom
- Machine washable and dryable
- Memory foam is certified by CertiPUR-US®
- Two layers of high quality dense foam for a med-firm feel
- 2-inch layer of memory foam layered over 2-inches of polyurethane foam
- Waterproof cover
Current Rating: 3.8
Available in four sizes, the Extra Large OxGord Orthopedic Pet Bed Foam-Mattress is 44″ long x 35″ wide x 3″ high. It’s the ideal size for cushioning your dog’s crate, or it works perfectly as a stand-alone bed as well. Cushioned with plush fur on top to create a warm, yet breathable sleeping space, this dog bed is the perfect combination of comfort and support.
- Soft, breathable cotton with a fleece exterior
- Soft, supportive memory foam
- Weatherproof covering keeps your dog cool when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold
- Evenly distributes weight to reduce pressure on joints
Current Rating: 4.1
Layering two inches of memory foam with two inches of orthopedic memory foam, the PAW Memory Foam Dog Bed aims to support dogs young and old, as well as those who suffer from hip dysplasia, arthritis, or other problems that can lead to aching joints and bones. Multiple sizes are available including Extra Large, which measures 46″ x 27″ x 4″.
- Durable brushed suede cover
- L-shaped, wrap-around zipper for easy cover removal
- Non-skid backing on bottom to avoid slipping
- Egg-crate style, memory foam top layer distributes weight evenly
Current Rating: 4.5
This high-quality dog bed features premium components, including a solid, four-inch memory foam base and a soft, durable microfiber cover with a zipper for easy removal and cleaning. It measures 36″ x 28″ x 4″ and can easily support dogs exceeding 100 pounds in weight.
- Solid, 4-inch memory foam base
- Soft, durable suede microfiber cover
- Solid metal zipper pull for easy cover removal and cleaning
- Machine-washable cover
- Easy to spot clean as well
- 12-month warranty against manufacturer’s defects
Current Rating: 4.3
When your dog deserves the best, why not turn to the mattress experts? This Serta Orthopedic Quilted Couch features a four-inch layer of advanced orthopedic egg-crate foam to relieve pressure on joints and a couch-like bolster around three sides to give your dog a comfortable place to rest her head. Measuring 34″ x 24″ x 4″, it’s suitable for medium-to-large dogs but may not be quite large enough to accommodate the largest breeds or dogs who like to stretch out as far as they can to slumber.
- Protective bolster for comfort and security
- Four-inch, egg-crate memory foam layer
- Relieves pressure from joints
- Easy-care cover zips off for washing
Current Rating: 4.0
Does your dog need her beauty sleep? The mattress pros at Simmons have created one of their famous Simmons Beautyrest mattresses just for dogs. The Simmons Beautyrest Thera Bed Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed measures 42″ x 28″ x 2″ in the Large size, and it doubles as padding for the bottom of your dog’s crate, kennel, or carrier in addition to serving as a stand-alone bed.
- Dual blend of orthopedic materials: memory foam mattress topper and convoluted foam pad
- Removable, machine-washable cover easily unzips for removal
- Contours to your dog’s body for the ultimate support and comfort
- Quilted memory foam top
- Stylish piping along the edges for aesthetic appeal
- Easy to move; suitable for travel
Current Rating: 4.6
The Dog’s Bed is an orthopedic, premium memory foam, waterproof dog bed available in four sizes and six colors, including size XL which measures 46″ x 28″ x 6″ to give your large-breed dog plenty of space to spread out and relax. With two layers of orthopedic memory foam and a combined total of six full inches of supportive cushion, your dog will sleep better than she has in years.
- 4-inch base consisting of high-stability premium foam
- 2 inches of premium grade, high-density, orthopedic memory foam
- Waterproof removable and washable inner lining
- Removable, washable outer cover
- Medical grade orthopedic support for dogs of all ages with and without medical problems
- Contours to your dog’s shape while relieving pressure from joints
Elevated/Cot-Style Dog Beds
Current Rating: 4.2
Available in Large (31.5″ x 51.2″ x 7.9″) and Extra Large (59.8 x 37 x 8.85), the Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed is like a cot for your dog that helps to keep them cooler by allowing air flow underneath.
- Elevates your dog more than seven inches off the ground
- Creates low-impact areas for pressure points and joints
- Flea, mite, mold, and mildew-resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Lightweight, powder-coated steel frame
- UV-treated to resist fading
Current Rating: 2.8
The Furhaven Cot Pet Bed is 52″ x 36.25″ x 7.5″ with a sleeping surface of 43″ x 35.5″. Constructed of durable, breathable fabric, this dog bed deters allergens, pet dander, and fleas, and its lightweight design makes it easy to move it from place to place so your dog can lounge in comfort wherever you are, inside or out.
- Easy to assemble and stable locking design
- Deters allergens, pet dander, and fleas
- Lightweight; easy to move
- Mold- and mildew-resistant
- Elevated; keeps your dog 6 inches off the ground
- Tapered edges to discourage chewing
Current Rating: 3.8
This elevated, steel-framed dog bed is portable and travel-approved, with a rugged design suitable for indoor or outdoor use. The frame is 43.5″ long x 29.5″ wide with a sleeping surface of 29″ long x 22″ wide.
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Sturdy frame
- Keep your pet elevated off the cold ground
- Rugged for indoor/outdoor use
More Pet Product Reviews:
- The Best Invisible Dog Fence
- The Best Pet GPS Tracker
- The Best Automatic Pet Feeder
- The Best Canine Probiotic
- The Best Dog Grooming Clippers
- The Best Pet Gate
- The Best Dog Camera
- The Best Dog Crates
- The Best Dog Stroller