Bathing your dog regularly is important for their health, but the truth is that not all pups are a big fan of bath time! Dog shower heads are designed to take the fuss out of washing your four-legged friend. They’re convenient, easy to use, and available in a variety of designs for indoor and outdoor use.
We reviewed dozens of dog shower heads to identify the best of the best, based on factors including functionality, ease of use, affordability, and Amazon reviews. We then narrowed down our search to 5 of the top-rated dog shower heads on the market today.
We’ve identified the Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro as the best choice for most pet parents. This popular dog shower head is perfect for indoor or outdoor use, and features a unique wand shape to make bath time faster and easier.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Dog Shower Heads
|Best Overall||Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro||4.5|
|Runner Up||Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool||4.2|
|Best Budget Buy||Rinse Ace 3 Way Pet Shower Sprayer||4.2|
|Best Dog Shower Head for Sinks||SmarterFresh Pet Faucet Sprayer Set||4.6|
|Best Shower Head Attachment for Dogs||REEGE Dog Shower Sprayer Attachment Set||4.4|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro
The Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro is a professional-grade dog shower with a unique wand shape that provides full coverage to wash dogs of all sizes and types. It features a contoured water combing spray for maximum cleaning power, and a targeted narrow spray for gentle cleaning of sensitive areas.
The convenient dog shower head is ideal for indoor or outdoor use, and comes complete with an extra-long 8-foot flexible hose for extended reach. Reviewers say this dog shower head performs well and is easy to use.
Waterpik PPR-252 Pet Wand Pro Key Features:
- Unique wand shape provides full coverage
- Contoured water combing spray
- Targeted narrow spray
- Extra-long 8-foot hose
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
Our Runner Up Pick: Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool
The Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool offers a convenient solution for washing your dog. It features a wearable design that can be operated with one hand, with an integrated sprayer and scrubber for deep cleansing. The shower head also features a simple, click on/click off design so you can control the flow of water during the entire bathing process.
The dog shower head is fully adjustable to fit hands of all shapes and sizes, and comes complete with shower and garden hose adapters for indoor and outdoor use. Reviewers say this product is innovative, well designed, and great value for money.
Aquapaw Pet Bathing Tool Key Features:
- Convenient one-handed operation
- Click on/click off design
- Fully adjustable
- Includes adapters for indoor and outdoor use
Best Budget Pick: Rinse Ace 3 Way Pet Shower Sprayer
If you’re looking for an affordable and functional dog shower head, check out the Rinse Ace 3 Way Pet Shower Sprayer. The dog shower head features three water flow settings: gentle massage, pulsating, and concentrated stream. It also comes complete with a variable flow lever to save water, and a patented, quick-connect shower attachment.
The dog shower head is simple to install and easy to use. It also features an 8-foot snap-on hose that easily disconnects when not in use. Overall, this dog shower head offers a range of great features at a wallet-friendly price.
Rinse Ace 3 Way Pet Shower Sprayer Key Features:
- Three-setting sprayer
- Variable flow lever
- 8-foot snap-on hose
- Simple to install
Best Dog Shower Head for Sinks: SmarterFresh Pet Faucet Sprayer Set
The SmarterFresh Pet Faucet Sprayer Set provides an easy way to wash your pup. It features a simple design that connects to your sink’s faucet and allows you to divert water to the 3-function hand shower. Simply use the lever on the diverter to switch between shower sprayer, pause, and jet water flow.
The faucet sprayer set includes a shower head, 86-inch flexible hose, faucet diverter, and dual sprayer holder. Reviewers say the product is convenient, well made, and easy to install.
SmarterFresh Pet Faucet Sprayer Set Key Features:
- Simple design connects to your sink’s faucet
- 3-function hand shower
- Includes 86-inch hose, faucet diverter, and dual sprayer holder
Best Shower Head Attachment for Dogs: REEGE Dog Shower Sprayer Attachment Set
The REEGE Dog Shower Sprayer Attachment Set offers everything you need to bathe your dog indoors. The set includes a handheld dog shower sprayer head, shower arm diverter, stainless steel hose, and holster. All components are made with solid materials to prevent leakage and corrosion.
The shower head attachment set features adjustable water pressure, and is suitable for a variety of indoor cleaning tasks. Most reviewers say the product is practical, well designed, and easy to use.
REEGE Dog Shower Sprayer Attachment Set Key Features:
- Complete shower head attachment set
- Multifunctional design
- Made with durable materials
- Adjustable water pressure
Who Should Buy a Dog Shower Head
Bathing your dog regularly has a number of benefits. It helps combat allergies, promotes skin and coat health, reduces the risk of infection, and prevents parasite infestation. Regular bathing also keeps your dog smelling fresh, and reduces the amount of dirt that’s tracked into your home. But bathing your dog is not always an easy task, especially if you don’t have the right tools for the job.
Dog shower heads help take the fuss and mess out of washing your pup. Unlike regular shower heads, they’re specially designed to be used with dogs of all shapes and sizes. There are several styles of dog shower heads to choose from. These include models that attach to an indoor sink or shower fitting, and dog shower heads that are designed to be used outdoors. For more information about bathing your dog, check out our previous post on how to give a dog a bath.
Important Features to Consider
Dog shower heads should have a few important features. Here’s what to consider when selecting a shower head that will make bath time a breeze:
- Type. There are three main types of dog shower heads: shower heads for sinks, shower heads for bathtubs, and shower heads for outdoor use. When deciding on which to buy, consider factors such as the size of your dog and the available space in your home or yard. It’s also worth noting that some dog shower heads are multifunctional models that can be connected to most faucets. Always read the manufacturer’s information to check whether the shower head can be connected to your shower, sink, or outdoor faucet.
- Shower head design. Dog shower heads are available in several different designs. Some of the most popular of these are standard shower heads, shower head brushes, palm-style shower heads, and shower head bathing gloves. We recommend researching each type and deciding on the features that are important to you before making a buying decision.
- Ease of installation. A good dog shower head should be easy to install. Many models come complete with adapters that connect easily to a water source. If in doubt, read the manufacturer’s information and check out online product reviews.
- Spray settings. Dog shower heads with multiple spray settings are versatile and easy to use. Some of the most common spray settings include gentle massage, pulsating, and concentrated stream. Some models also feature a pause button that can stop the flow of water.
- Hose length. Make sure to choose a dog shower head with a hose that’s long enough to reach your dog from all angles. In most cases, shower heads for sinks will need shorter hoses than shower heads for bathtubs or outdoor use.
- Holder. Some dog shower heads come complete with a holder or hook to secure the unit when it’s not in use. This feature can prove very useful when you need the use of both hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a dog shower head and how does it work?
A dog shower head is a type of shower head that’s specially designed for bathing a dog. Just like a regular shower head, it is attached by a hose to faucet or pipe.
How do you bathe a dog in the shower?
Place your dog in the bathtub and brush their coat to remove loose hair and debris. Next, use a handheld shower head to rinse your pet’s fur. Finally, lather a small amount of dog shampoo into your pet’s fur and rinse their body thoroughly.
How do you bathe a dog that doesn’t like water?
It’s a good idea to provide praise and treats so your dog forms positive associations with bath time. You can also try filling the bathtub with several inches of water and using a soft washcloth to wet down your dog.
What do you wash a dog with?
Always use dog shampoo to wash your pup and rinse with lukewarm water. The pH of dog skin is different to that of human skin. For this reason, shampoo made for people can dry out and irritate your dog’s skin.